Friday, May 4, 2012

Thought I would share....

Some of our  reading stories these last few months  have been pretty hard for the kids to understand and be interested in. I have tried to come up with different ways for the students to read the story and make it fun. At one station where they read their reading selection for that week, I have made a chart to remind them of the different ways they can read. Examples choral, echo, and whisper read. They love getting to act like the teacher. Also, before we take the reading test we read/listen to the story. I have been letting them sit on top of their desk. Of course we have rules for this strategy. They must be reading and sitting criss cross honey sauce. They love it! I took some pictures this morning and thought I would post them.  The smallest thing makes for a huge improvement.


TGIF!! Glad it is Friday but we have a very busy Friday. Today is the Courage Carnival at APS. All the money we raise we are donating to the American Cancer Society. We added all our money together and our class brought $85.75 to be donated. Our awesome counselor came up will all the games for the students to play at the carnival during their PE time. There is going to be a dunk tank! Some brave teachers and staff are going in the tank in hopes of not to getting wet. I will share pictures with you guys this afternoon.

APS is such a great place to work! I work with such a great group of people and get to teach a wonderful group of boys and girls daily. Sometimes I can't believe that I get the privilege of working here. This is the time of year that I get a little emotional. I can't believe that we only have 15 days left. I am excited to see them move on to third grade, but I am going to be sad to see them go! We have had a fabulous year :)

Reading our story for the week while sitting on our desk :)


Whatever works.....




Mrs. Wilson's Wonderful Class!! We were on our field trip.

I love my job!!





No comments:

Post a Comment