Monday, April 9, 2012

WBT and Easter

I have recently discovered WBT (whole Brain Teaching) I am in love with it!! My students love it and it really keeps them engaged during whole group. I typed up a little something that has the WB strategies that I use to share with friends.

Here is the link 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A0JwrOI4kstxAfWJxeQD35rSsGF2j8STycgq847Fjs/edit

Chris Biffle is the creator of it and I watched Freundlichteaching Youtube channel to see examples of WBT being taught. Rachel Freundlich is an AWESOME teacher and a great help.

We also just recently celebrated Easter in the Classroom. I brought a special snack for the students to have on Friday. Before we ate snack though we got creative with some eggs. Me and three other of my teacher friends decided  to have egg races between our classes. Then us teachers had an egg toss. The students loved getting to be outside and doing these fun activities. Here are some pictures of the Easter events at our school:

The races were intense!!!

The hand off.....

enjoying the beautiful spring weather

 Brave teachers tossing an egg that was not boiled :)

Egg Toss

With our egg racing skills of course our class won!

No comments:

Post a Comment