Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jonkonnu Festival

I can't believe that Spring Break has already come and gone. A week sure does go by fast if I am not working. I did have a wonderful Spring break and I hope you guys did too. Right before we left for the break, our fabulous art teacher, Mrs. Hall, put together a Jonkonnu Festival. During the month of March the kids studied about Jonkonnu in Art class. Jonkonnu is spring time in Jamaica. They got to do many art projects to represent Jonkonnu.  We had a parade at school on Friday. My kids loved following behind me wearing their Jamaican mask and mooing. Why were they mooing you might ask... Well Mrs. Wilson got to dress up like a cow and carry a sign that said Art mooves me. I will post a picture so you can get a visual and a good laugh. I have some great pictures to share with you guys of the Jonkonnu parade. Now we only have 35 days left of school. Hard to believe! We have got to get down to business and work hard these last two months of school. We have DIBELS coming up and still a lot of preparing to do for 3rd grade.



Our YAM Board

Some of my students with their mask


Mrs. Wilson as a cow




I thought this was a pretty cool picture I captured during the parade.





No comments:

Post a Comment