Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wanted to share!

My school along with many others is using GO Math this school year. I am still trying to figure out how to teach it. In my classroom we start with the problem of the day first during math. I was letting them write it in their math journals but that was talking to long. Then I decided to just let them turn and talk to their partner and solve the POD together. Well I had some students doing all the talking. So I put some expo markers in their bucket on their tables. I have the POD under my hover cam when they come in from PE. They know to read it first, read it with their partner, and then take an expo marker and work out the problem on their desk. It comes off easily and the students LOVE it!. If you have any tips on how you are teaching GO math I would love to hear them.

Here are some pictures of my boys and girls working on the POD:





No comments:

Post a Comment